OZ Pitch Day - July 20, 2023
Why We Started WealthChannel, With Andy Hagans
OpportunityDb is now part of WealthChannel, which has grown into a large, engaged community of High Net Worth investors. But where did it all begin?
WealthChannel co-founders Jimmy Atkinson and Andy Hagans discuss the origins of the WealthChannel media empire (including how its beginnings date back to a dorm room at the University Notre Dame).
Note: This interview was originally published as an episode of The Alternative Investment Podcast.
Watch On YouTube
- The back story of Jimmy and Andy’s business partnership, which started in their college dorm room.
- Andy’s “ah-ha moment” when he realized he want to be on the buying side of private equity.
- Details on Jimmy and Andy’s allocations to angel investments, venture capital, private equity, and real estate.
- The four reasons why High Net Worth investors should consider investing in alts.
- Why Jimmy and Andy decided to take the bold step of rebranding their existing businesses into WealthChannel.
Guest: Andy Hagans, WealthChannel
About The Opportunity Zones & Private Equity Show
Hosted by OpportunityDb and WealthChannel founder Jimmy Atkinson, The Opportunity Zones & Private Equity Show features guest interviews from fund managers, advisors, policymakers, tax professionals, and other foremost experts in Opportunity Zones and the broader private equity landscape.
To read the transcript, please visit WealthChannel.com.