A Message From Our Founder & CEO
Hi, I’m Jimmy Atkinson. I founded the Opportunity Zones Database at OpportunityDb.com in August 2018 because at the time, there was a surprising dearth of information on OZ investing. I’ve spent the last few years putting together various educational resources, tools, and services for Opportunity Zone investors.
In addition to being founder of OpportunityDb, I am also host of the Opportunity Zones Podcast, founding partner of OZ Pros, and co-founder of OZworks Group.
I’m a long-time Internet entrepreneur, with a background in economics and digital marketing. (I previously co-founded ETFdb.com.)
These days, I am passionate about impact investing and tax-advantaged investment opportunities. At the crossroads of these two concepts is the Opportunity Zones program, a place-based tax policy intended to economically revitalize some of the poorest areas of the United States with new real estate and business development.
Our Mission and Vision
OpportunityDb produces content and events for High Net Worth investors, family offices and financial advisors who are interested in Opportunity Zone investments. Founded in 2018, our mission is to provide our readers and listeners with the critical information they need to make smarter investment decisions.
We believe that:
- The Opportunity Zones program is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to economically transform some of the poorest areas of the United States.
- We launched OpportunityDb with the objective of helping our audience learn more about risks and opportunities involved in Opportunity Zone investing.
- We excel at investor matchmaking — connecting investors who have capital with Qualified Opportunity Funds that are seeking capital.
Our audience consists mainly of High Net Worth individual investors, family offices, financial advisors, and investment & real estate industry professionals.
- 48% Accredited Investors.
- 12% Financial Advisors & Industry Professionals (4% Advisors)*
* Financial advisors including family offices, institutionals, broker-dealers, RIAs, and other types of advisors; industry professionals including investment distributor/wholesalers, investment sponsors, and legal and tax professionals. Self-reported data from the OpportunityDb subscriber base as of 4/28/2022.
Founder & Chief Executive Officer
jimmy @ opportunitydb.com
sarah @ opportunitydb.com
Partner & Chief Operating Officer
andy @ opportunitydb.com
Partner & VP of Business Development
michael @ opportunitydb.com
Want to get your fund listed in our Opportunity Zone fund database? Would you like to be a guest on an upcoming episode of the Opportunity Zones Podcast? Or do you just have questions about Opportunity Zones?
Let’s chat! Email us at [email protected].