OZ Pitch Day On-Demand
OZ Expo Phoenix 2022 Recap, With Ashley Tison
Ashley Tison and I have been to nearly every Opportunity Zone Expo since the group began organizing conferences in early 2019. While the early Expos were focused on navigating the new legislation and regulations, this most recent Expo in Phoenix earlier this month served to highlight the need for the more mature industry — now four years into the program — to tell more Opportunity Zone success stories, in the hopes that the policy eventually gets reformed and extended.
On today’s episode, OZ Pros founder Ashley Tison joins to discuss this topic and recap some of the other big themes at the OZ Expo.
Watch On YouTube
- Some of the services that OZ Pros provides to the Opportunity Zones industry, including legal templates and forms, working capital safe harbor plan, strategy call process, and compliance bootcamp.
- What the Opportunity Zones industry needs to do right now, in terms of getting the word out.
- A recap of Jimmy’s OZ Expo panel on the pending Opportunity Zone reform legislation.
- The issue (or rather, non-issue) of the 2028 expiration dates of Qualified Opportunity Zone designations.
- A recap of Ashley’s OZ Expo panel on Qualified Opportunity Fund and Qualified Opportunity Zone Business best practices.
- The importance of having a good professional team around QOF and QOZB entities, to ensure that they remain in compliance.
- Some of the Opportunity Zones compliance questions that Ashley anticipates having to field as the year winds down.
Featured On This Episode
- OZ Expo 2022
- “Opportunity zones are like high school sex” – Brett Messing (Institutional Magazine)
- OZ Expo Legislative Panelists: Dan Kowalski, Shay Hawkins, Brett Siglin, Reid Thomas, Jimmy Atkinson
- OZ Pitch Day Fall 2022 – November 9th
Today’s Guest: Ashley Tison, OZ Pros
About The Opportunity Zones Podcast
Hosted by OpportunityDb.com founder Jimmy Atkinson, The Opportunity Zones Podcast features guest interviews from fund managers, advisors, policymakers, tax professionals, and other foremost experts in opportunity zones.
Jimmy: Welcome to the “Opportunity Zones Podcast.” I’m Jimmy Atkinson.