Community activation may be the key to long-term success of Opportunity Zones.
Chris Cooley, CEO of OZworks Group, joins episode #200 of the Opportunity Zones Podcast to discuss OZ advocacy, why community-led OZ projects are crucial to the long-term success of the initiative, and updates on the progress of OZworks Group’s online community.
Watch On YouTube
- What OZworks Group is, and how it has grown since its launch last year.
- The value in bringing together all of the different types of Opportunity Zone stakeholders in one central community.
- Why advocacy of Opportunity Zone reform is crucially important to ensure that the spirit of the tax policy is fulfilled for the long term.
- Why telling positive OZ success stories around job creation and tax base increase is sorely needed.
Featured On This Episode
- OZworks Group, a Community for OZ Stakeholders, with Chris Cooley (Episode #129) (OpportunityDb)
- New Legislation Would Extend and Improve Opportunity Zones (OpportunityDb)
- OZ Enhancement Advocacy Toolkit (OpportunityDb)
- Webinar Replay: How To Advocate For Opportunity Zone Improvements (YouTube)
Today’s Guest: Chris Cooley, OZworks Group
About The Opportunity Zones Podcast
Hosted by OpportunityDb.com founder Jimmy Atkinson, The Opportunity Zones Podcast features guest interviews from fund managers, advisors, policymakers, tax professionals, and other foremost experts in opportunity zones.