Multifamily Investor Expo - Feb 15th
Who spoke at the July 9 IRS public hearing on Investing in Qualified Opportunity Funds? And what are some of the biggest issues that the IRS needs to clarify in final regulations?
The Opportunity Zone hearing took place at the IRS New Carrollton Federal Building just northeast of Washington DC. There were 19 groups of speakers who delivered testimony to a panel of seven moderators from Treasury and the IRS. The hearing was attended by approximately 100 people.
Click the play button below to listen to the complete recap.
- Background on the Opportunity Zones legislative and regulatory process, and where we currently are in that process.
- Next steps: when we can expect the final regulations on Opportunity Zone investing.
- Discussion of some of the most popular topics of discussion at the hearing — data collection and reporting, multi-asset fund exits, the substantial improvement test, debt-financed distributions, Section 1231 gains, and more.
- Brief summaries of each speaker’s testimony.
Featured on This Episode
- Text recap of the hearing, complete with PDF downloads of each speaker’s comment letter
- Full audio recording of the hearing
- Regulations.gov: Investing in Qualified Opportunity Funds [REG-120186-18]
About the Opportunity Zones Podcast
Hosted by OpportunityDb.com founder Jimmy Atkinson, the Opportunity Zones Podcast features guest interviews from fund managers, advisors, policymakers, tax professionals, and other foremost experts in opportunity zones.