Multifamily Investor Expo - Feb 15th
The state of Maryland has awarded a total of approximately $500,000 to seven businesses located in Opportunity Zones through the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development’s Neighborhood BusinessWorks Program.
“Our state has been working hard to supercharge investment and make Maryland’s 149 Opportunity Zones the most competitive ones in America,” said Governor Larry Hogan. “Maryland Opportunity Zone funds have already received more than $333 million of equity investments, and we continue to see the expansion of businesses, new jobs, and much-needed affordable housing in these areas.”
The businesses receiving grants are:
- Aeon Technologies (Allegany, $80,400)
- Zest Tea (Baltimore City, $100,000)
- Discovery Lane (Charles, $70,000)
- Twigs and Teacups Cherstertown (Kent, $100,000)
- Crist Instrument Co. (Washington, $50,000)
- Mason-Dixon Machining (Wicomico, $50,000)
- Quality Staffing Services (Wicomico, $49,600)
Maryland has 149 Opportunity Zones, including 145 low-income communities plus four non-low-income contiguous tracts. The state previously awarded $500,000 to 13 different Opportunity Zone businesses in January 2021.